She assists and advises a large variety of companies,
from start-ups to major international groups, French and foreign companies, in structuring their contractual relationships and drafting commercial contracts of all types.
She also represents her clients before civil and commercial courts regarding their business law disputes, as well as in the context of legal proceedings and expert operations, while promoting, if they so wish, an amicable method of settling disputes.
In addition to her expertise in business law and her involvement in a variety of sectors, Julie has in particular developed an expertise for companies in the agri-food sector, which are increasingly faced with strict and constantly changing regulations.
Julie always strives to provide a pragmatic and operational response to her clients’ issues.
Contract drafting and negotiation
Litigation – Arbitration – Mediation
Contract drafting and negotiation
- distribution agreements, single agreements, raw material purchase contracts, private label production contracts, commercial agency (etc.)
- sale and service contracts
- bespoke contracts
Commercial and distribution law advising
- pricing policy
- general terms and conditions of sale, general terms and conditions of purchase
Business law disputes
- commercial disputes
- restrictive competition practices and in particular sudden termination of established
- commercial relationships
- tort and contractual liability
- product liability
- conflicts between partners
- post-acquisition disputes
- industrial claims
- debt recovery
- enforcement procedures
- Since 2019 Partner, Kalliopé, Paris
- 2017-2019 Lawyer, Counsel, Kalliopé, Paris
- 2015-2017 Lawyer, Kalliopé, Paris
- 2010-2015 Lawyer, Cabinet Cavoizy, Paris
- 2009-2010 Lawyer, Landwell & Associés, Neuilly-sur-Seine
- 2008 – 2009 CAPA (Valedictorian)
- 2007 – 2008 Sciences-Po Paris, Master II Law and Economic Globalisation
- 2005 – 2008 Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Magistère in Economic Activity Law,
Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Master I Business Law
Passionate about nature and animals, Julie is committed to the animal cause and the preservation of their habitat, and is a member of several associations.
She is also committed to humanitarian causes, and participates in voluntary actions, notably to fight against poverty.
- Representation of a leading energy group in the context of a judicial expertise and a dispute concerning a malfunction affecting the boiler and turbine of an incineration plant.
- Representation of a leading energy group in a judicial expertise and litigation against a community of communes concerning a heating network.
- Representation of a miller in an international dispute concerning the quality of flour which allegedly caused defects in products made from that flour.
- Representation of an eco-organism regarding all disputes against companies which have not honoured the payment of invoices issued by our client.
- Representing a manufacturer of frozen bread and pastries in a dispute concerning the replacement of an industrial boiler at one of its production sites.
- Representation of a leading energy group, delegated by the public heating and hot water service of a municipality, in the context of a judicial expertise opposing it to the syndicates of co-owners of two buildings following flooding in their basement.
- Representation of a leading energy group operating a household waste incineration plant, in a dispute against the manufacturers of the said plant, aiming to obtain compensation for its loss linked to the presence of numerous leaks on the site.
- Representation of a company operating a forest biomass power plant in a dispute initiated by a forestry cooperative and its subsidiary, relating to the wood supply contract.
- Representation of a manufacturer and distributor of lingerie in a dispute concerning the wrongful termination of its insurance policy by the insurer.
- Representation of a company in a post-sale dispute over the valuation of shares in its wholly-owned subsidiary.
- Assistance to a company incorporated under Moroccan law in a dispute relating to the contractual non-performance of a Spanish supplier.
- Assistance to a company purchasing and selling energy saving certificates in two pre-litigations with two of its co-contractors for contractual breach.
- Assisting a manufacturer of frozen bread and pastries in a dispute relating to the infringement of its trademark licence.
- Representation of a French industrial company in a dispute against a German company concerning the defect of an equipment which led to the shutdown of the factory.
- Assistance to an engineering office in the context of a dispute after judicial expertise concerning a geothermal well.
- Support for an outdoor accommodation company following a hygiene inspection.
- Assistance to a company producing vegetable drinks in a pre-litigation initiated by the interprofessional organisation of the French dairy sector, concerning the designation of its products and allegations of misleading advertising.
- Drafting, for a French catering and distribution group, of a contract for the purchase of raw materials.
- Drafting, for a spirits manufacturer, of a production contract under a distributor brand.
- Drafting, for a spirits manufacturer, of an online flash sales contract.
- Drafting of an energy saving incentive framework contract for a company involved in the purchase and sale of certificates of energy savings.
- Drafting of a framework service contract for a start-up involved in the redistribution of surplus food.
- Drafting of supply and production contracts for the holder of plant breeders’ rights for a fruit.
- Drafting of a contract for the purchase and processing of wine beverages for a wine trading company.
- Drafting of a partnership agreement for a company producing photovoltaic film.
- Assisting an infrastructure services company to determine whether its activity is subject to the regulations applicable to single agreements.
- “The contract: better understanding it to avoid its pitfalls” (2018).
- “The reform of commercial practices, Order no. 2019-359 of 24 April 2019” (2019).
- “COVID 19 update – adapting contractual deadlines” (2020).
- “The legal keys to commercial negotiations” (2020).
Participation in events (as a speaker)
- “Food crisis, who is legally responsible? ”, SECUR FOOD trade fair, Rennes, 19 June 2018.
- “Prevent, declare and manage a food crisis”, SECUR FOOD trade fair, Marseille, 19 November 2019.
- Julie Gayrard, “The significant imbalance is sanctioned even if it (allegedly) benefits the consumer: Amazon fined €4 million (2020)”, Electronic commerce communication (no. 12, 2019), December 2019.
- Julie Gayrard, “Commercial negotiation (again) revisited by the ordinance EGA lim n°2019-359”, JCP G, 23 September 2019.
- Julie Gayrard and Nicolas Contis, “Res judicata and occurrence of new facts”, ILO, 25 October 2016.
- Julie Gayrard and Nicolas Contis “The nullification of judicial expert reports”, ILO, 31 May 2016.
- Julie Gayrard and Nicolas Contis, “Invoking the nullity of a judicial expert report”, JCP G, 1 February 2016.